Friday, June 5, 2009

Rainy Daze



Wow...it's been raining for like 3 days... ugh! I've had enough! Don't get me wrong, it's Gods' work and I'm always thankful for His doings, but man, can I get any lazier? Here's what my day consisted of:


--woke up by Allen at about 7:00am "Good-bye, see ya later", me--hardly remember


--woke up again by Evan--"You said you're gonna order those Goosebump books off of Ebay for me today, right"?, me--grrrrr


--woke up again by phone ringing "Wake up, I've been working for over 2 hours and you're still sleeping"? me--"Nah, I've been up"... *winky, wink


--after wallowing in the bed for about another hour, I get up to go get coffee and a cig. I stare intently at the rain. I think, dang, I need to shave my legs! I need to brush and floss! (yuck, breath was KICKIN) I'm not gonna be a bum today!


--go inside to the melody of Ean and Evan screaming at each other. I also see the sink pleading w/ me to get the dirty dishes out of it! I smile sadly at the kitchen sink...poor lil guy! He's not used to that! But to make him happy means I'd have to unload the dishwasher... Nah, I'll do that later.


--get on Facebook and nose around on there for about an hour and a half.


--get back into the bed, cuz Ean has already treated himself and Evan to lunch by this point and cut on Remember the Night w/ Barbara Stynwick. (great movie, btw). Decide I have the warm fuzzies--nap till around 5:00pm.


--around 5:00pm, Colby and Bentley are in my bed barking their fool heads off! I whack them both off the bed and roll over, cover my head w/ the body pillow.


--still shrill yappy dog barks...WHAT THE... open my eyes to see the kid that lives down the road standing in my hall staring at me. WHAT THE...


--cover head w/ body pillow again, hoping I'm dreaming...


--pretend to be asleep for another 20 minutes.


--get up-more coffee-call Mr. P and ask can we order out.


Now readers--that is a serious case of RAINY DAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!!!! I can not have another day like this! I feel like a daggone slug! Who am I kidding, I AM a slug!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ok, so I am finally pulling myself together about 8:00pm. (that's a start, right?) We eat the dinner I agreed to at least ride w/ Mr. Peyton to go pick up and get back on FB--yeah, I'm an addict. I email a friend from high school that lives across country from me and ask can I call her sometime. She says OF COURSE (yay) and she says I can call her tonite to boot! SWEET--so you know me, being the phone bug I am, I quick dial her up! And we talk...sooooo awesome! I ask her all kinds of weird (I'm sure that's what she was thinking--she did a lot of giggling) questions and she humored me by answering and elaborating! It was bliss! Even more blissful--not even a week ago, I went out w/ 2 great friends from HS to a concert! One of which, I hadn't hung out w/ since we graduated! FABULOUSOOO! I'm feeling soooo blessed right now! We've grown up--not apart! What a gift!




So, now I don't feel as bad--I didn't waste this day--I was saving all my energy for my chat w/ a sweet friend! (and maybe this blog)




But, I surely do hope the sun comes out tomorrow--Mr. Kitchen Sink is gonna be really chapped! Heck, maybe I'll go help him out now...




God is Love--Peace out!


1 comment:

  1. I did not think your questions were weird, cute lady! I LOVE your blog! I love reading your stories! And I'm the first follower, so neener neener to everybody else! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete