Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life is full of Blessings

<
I took a little break from blogging, not really cuz I wanted to, but because for one; I was so dang frustrated w/ the "photo editing" deal last time (a huge thank you again to the awesome SANDI) and for two; I've been pretty busy. Busy in the random sorta way, you know, just life stuff... and too tired to feel even a wee bit creative (or whatever).




Ok, so I'll start with yesterday--pretty normal (in the Southern Comfort kinda way--if we even have a normal here) until the afternoon. The Rascal (one of Evy's many nicknames--we are BIG nicknamers in this house) was in a lovey-dovey mood. Ahhhh! I love it! Those moods are coming less and less now that he's the ripe old age of seven, so I totally relish them when they do hit! So he was really huggy and kissy and I was eating it up--sniffing the back of his neck (one of my fave things ever to do and my favorite smell in the whole world). I can still smell a faint hint of baby there and I'm dreading the day when I can't! I was in the office, which is right next to his bedroom when he yelled for me to come quick! I went in to see the biggest, toothless smile coming from THAT FACE--"Look, I can tie my own shoes now"! I had to have him untie and show me again--we are both so proud! Then he was in the tub after dinner and he was talking to himself and I hear him say "It's not good to be rude"...ahhh! Joyous! Then at tuck in time, he planted the best 7 year old kiss on my lips and literally hung onto my neck, laughing the whole time. I swear, it's times like this that I just wanna freeze everything and keep it this way!




Ok, so today was a lonnnng one! Mom was taking MawMaw to the doctor in Fishersville at 9:00am and I offered to drive. My Mom and MawMaw (my maternal grandmother)have a funky relationship. I won't go into that today, but I kinda keep things to a low growl, so I go as much as I can when they are gonna be together. MawMaw lives in Churchville, Va. Boy I love it over there! It's in the Shenendoah Valley and absolutely serene! I feel like when you start heading down the other side of Afton mountain, you begin to go back in time at least 20 years. Churchville is my second home. When Mom left Dad the summer before I started 3rd grade, her and I moved in with MawMaw and PawPaw and I lived there until the end of that school year. I always spent 2 to 3 weeks a summer there thru-out my childhood. All of my Mom's family is from Augusta county, all of them practically live within 5 miles of one another. Churchville is a very small town, but the amount of heart that resides there is bigger than any New York city! So, while there I get to visit with my great aunt and uncle (who has Alzheimers) and MawMaw's neighbors (of course the same neighbors she's had since the late 60's) and it was so nice! My peeps in Churchville never cease to make me feel as much a part of there town as always! Lots of hugs--lots of memories! Ean loves Churchville as well! I'm glad they get to experience that little town (I imagine Churchville whenever I read To Kill a Mockingbird) and all our family and friends there!


(this is Ean and MawMaw about 3 years ago at Wright's in Staunton)

After the doctor appt. and visiting we left and headed to my new favorite joint, Sonic! Lawd--I'm addicted to the Cherry Lime-ade. We also did a little shopping at this awesome store in Stuarts Draft called Country Connections! I could get into soooo much trouble there... I did good today though and even bought Dad one of his birthday/Fathers day gifts!




Needless to say, when we got home--the boys headed to their rooms and I to mine. We were pooped! While napping, my great friend Patti (also known as Chicken, Rosalie or Ro) called. Of course, I was z'ing, so I didn't get to chat with her till just a few minutes ago. Her and her whole family were in a car accident up in Maine today! OMG! Thank God, everyone is ok! She thinks her van is totalled though... ugh! I'm sitting here thinking how fleeting everything is. Also, I'm thinking how special Ro and her family are to me. Ro is truly my soul-mate friend. I don't know if I connect with anyone (other than the hubster of course)as much as I do her. It's almost uncanny how alike we are and how alike our minds work! She's been my friend for a long time and we've been thru a lot. I love her so very much and the most important part is that I know she loves me. I can't say that about all of my friends, but I surely can say that about my Ro Chicken--she's proven that to me over and over again! As for her family--Bill, William, Ray and my love-bucket Brigid, they might as well be of my own flesh and blood. I can not imagine my life without them--thank you again, God, for being with them today and please continue to bless them, all. We need to remember all of our blessings, all the time, not just when we realize how fast something can be taken away from us!




God is Love--Peace Out...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear about Chicken's accident! I'm so glad they are all okay.

    Churchville sounds Heavenly! I am sure missing VA right now!!!!! It doesn't look like we'll be making it back 'til fall :o(

    ReplyDelete