Friday, June 19, 2009

Jingles!

<
I've said before that we are the nickname family! Yeah, well we're the singing family too! Actually, let me quit lying, I'm the singer in my little family, but if you've got Birckhead blood in ya, you're gonna sing! Especially when you're the least bit happy. We sing while we work, we sing in the car, we sing a lot! I think my favorite thing about singing is making up fun songs about "us"! The absolute best ones are when we replace the words of real songs with our own words!


For example: Remember the song Peggy Sue by the Hollies? Well, I changed up a few words and sing it to Atticus...it goes a little something like this...

Atti Boo, Atti Boo, Atti, Atti, Atti, Atti, Atti Boo

My Atti, my Atti Boo (oooo)

Well I love you Atti, I love you Atti Boo!


Remember the Muffin Man from your childhood? Well, before I cut Allen's hair I always serenade him with my rendition of that fave...

Do you know the Mullet Man, the Mullet Man, the Mullet Man

Do you know the Mullet Man that lives on Klockner Road

--for some reason that's not one of Hubster's faves


Of course there's always silly songs that I make up, usually as I go.

His name is Rascal, they call him Rascal, his name is Rascal, they call him Rascal

(this is for Evy, of course)

I've been belting out, E, E goes to school, school, since Ean started Pre-School.

I have boys, as you know, and my oldest has to be told to brush his teeth, constantly. So just to torture him for having to be told, I scream out:

Brush your teeth, round and round, circle small, gums and all! --doing the motions too--that really disgusts them! HOLLA! I love it! The brush your teeth song started with Barry though! Gramma Birckhead used to have to scream at him to brush his teeth too, so I would make fun of him getting in trouble about it and sing it while he scrubbed his fangs! Of course, I'd have to hide before he finished!


Both of my boys were huge Barney fans when they were little, so you can only imagine all the fun I had with those songs! I remember one in particular that Ean and I would sing and it would piss Evan off soooo bad! I have no idea why it made him soooo mad when Ean and I would harmonize to:

There's cats in the jungle and cats in the city

Some are really big and some are itty bitty

but it would and of course that only made Ean and I sing even louder! And laugh our butts off as Evan would swing his fist at us or kick and scream in the car seat as we sang it coming home from the pool to try to keep him awake! ahhh, good times! lol


So now to the new song I came up with just a few minutes ago! I think it's awesome! Hubster rolled his eyes... This one's for Fat Girl (our #2 cat) and I think it fits her well! See if you can recognize this one.

Fat Girl in the city, running wild and looking pretty

Fat Girl in the city, Fat Girl's a pretty kitty

If you guessed Hot Child in the City by Nick Glider (from the late 70's I think) you're today's winner!!!!!


God is love--Peace Out!


1 comment:

  1. Hehe; we do that, too. But I can't sing. I DO sing, and loudly, whilst the rest of the family runs for it.

    ReplyDelete