Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hootie Happenings

Ok, I haven't blogged in a bit, so I'll fill ya in on what's been going on here at Southern Comfort.



Saturday Evy started to complain about his tummy hurting. I didn't think a whole lot of it. Ean is my complainer, my melodramatic one. His headaches are always migraines, his tummy aches are always the flu, he stubbs his toe--it's broken. See where I'm going with this? Evy is the tough one (like his Dad). He seldom complains about stuff, but he does have somewhat of a tender tummy, which his horrible eating habits don't cater to! So, when he said his tummy was hurting, I just figured the 5th chocolate pop tart of the day was the culprit. Well, he got into his bed and took a nap and woke smoking hot with a fever. I gave him Tylenol and about and hour later he was feeling better, but that only lasted till the meds wore off. So went the remainder of the weekend.



We did go to Mark and T's at Stumblinn Farm for dinner on both Saturday and Sunday nites. Saturday night was a lot of fun, we cooked out and sat at the pond and caught up. It had been a long time since we'd spent any time with them. Mark is Mr. Peyton's BFF--and a total trip! The boys, Evan especially love going to their place. There's 91 acres of land to romp and run. There's 2 ponds to fish in and look for for frogs. There's farm animals, turkeys and 2 dogs and a very cool cat. Speaking of the animals there, I have never seen animals love a child that's not "theirs" like the ones inhabiting Stumblinn! Tocoa is Mark and T's border collie. He acts like Evy's protector! It's uncanny! He plays with Evan the entire time we are there and if Evy gets out of his sight, you can bet he's not settle until he finds him! Once when Evy was still in diapers, he was heading out toward the horses, well Tocoa grabbed Evy by the seat of his pants and would not let him go any further! So cute! Evy didn't think so! lol And the horses! OMG, they have 3, 2 of which have more personality than any horse and most dogs I've ever known! Rush (Brush, as Evan used to call him) and Paxton absolutely love Evan and Evan loves them! He's never been shy of them (as is Ean) and I guess they know that he loves them. It's hilarious, when we get there, if we don't "speak" to them in their field, they will neigh until we do! Sometimes speaking isn't enough, and Evy will traipse over and give them the rub on the nose that they are waiting for. As much of a haven as Stumblinn Farm is for us, it holds one of the saddest and most horrible memories of my life. That's for another time though.

As I said, Evy was funky feeling the whole weekend, then as it usually is, the dreaded bug musta hit me Sunday night. I got into the bed and was FREEZING! I snuggled up the the hot potato (hubster) to no avail. I had to ask him to snuggle, as by this time was I actually shivering. I didn't feel bad though. However, when I got up Monday morning to go help out one of my fave clients I felt bad... ugh! The remainder of the day was pretty much spent in bed. I couldn't take it any longer, so in the late afternoon I willed myself better and by Monday night I was pretty much up to snuff. So on Tuesday we went to the pool with my friend Lisa and her Evan as planned. Lisa and I met when she was Evy's pre-k teacher and my Evan and her Evan hit it off right away! It was awesome hanging out with them at the Hollymead pool. (sidenote--when Mom and I lived in Hollymead, when I was 9, I swam in that same pool) Evy (my Evy that is) had a blast and as he's famous for, sought out a "cool guy" (teenager) and was trying to do the same double and triple flips off the diving board. This sweet teenager, Brian, was even helping Evy learn to dive. Evy hasn't mastered that yet, and boy does it chap him to no end!

Unfortunately today, Evan was suffering with a terrible ear ache! ugh! I hate that, because I know how painful those stupid things are! I guess it was water in his ear, but he's better after pumping him full of Tylenol and Motrin and sweet oil in his ear. We aren't gonna do the pool for a few days.

For some reason, Ean's been exceptionally helpful today! THERE IS A GOD! lol I'm loving it, and hoping it lasts for a little while, at the very least! He helped me cook dinner, even! He must be really bored...

Now for the best happening lately... Harris Teeter Online shopping!!!!!!!!! OMG! I have a smile on my face that can't be slapped off! I ordered my groceries online late last night, paid for them and Mr. Peyton picked them up on his way home from work today! BLISS, I tell you! I don't know if I can put into words how much I completely and utterly DESPISE going grocery shopping... I'd scrub funky, crap stained toilets all day before I'd go to the grocery store. Enough said... So, lemme tell you, this is like a dream come true for me! Where has this been all my life? LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! And if all that's not wonderful enough, Mark's niece (Mr. Peyton's BFF is Mark, remember) works at Teet and told him she can get us a DISCOUNT! OMG! What have I done to deserve all this??? Thank you Lord!

God is Love--Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment