Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Belated Birthday Love


Mr. Peyton turned 43 on July 25th. Only my family and some of my friends (and of course the boys) wished him a happy birthday... sigh... Anyho, we rang in his special day doing... pretty much nothing! teehee! But he seemed to enjoy it.


In honor of my SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN, I wanted to share the lyrics to a song that always reminds me of him when I hear it.


Little words with love and understandin'


From a small town Southern man

And he bowed his head to Jesus
And he stood for Uncle Sam
And he only loved one woman
(He) was always proud of what he had
He said his greatest contribution
Is the ones you leave behind
Raised on the ways and gentle kindness
Of a small town Southern man

Callous hands told the story
For this small town Southern man
He gave it all to keep it all together
And keep his family on his land
Like his daddy, years wore out his body
Made it hard just to walk and stand
You can break the back
But you can't break the spirit
Of a small town Southern man


I love you Fu-Fu! Always have... Always will!


God is Love--Peace Out

1 comment:

  1. What the heck?! Where is his family (the bio one, i mean)? Well, I'm so glad he has you and the boys and that you love him so dearly. Happy belated birthday, Mr. Peyton!

    ReplyDelete