Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 17, 2010











Bright and early on Saturday, July 17th, 2010 we rose, dressed and headed out for our family vacation. Pumping myself full of curiously strong coffee, I prepared myself for the day as we trekked down I64 towards the serene beauty of the Outer Banks and North Carolina. I was preparing to stare down "the BIG 4-0".








Surprisingly enough, I was full of enthusiasm. (or extra strong coffee? or excitement cuz I was heading to my favorite place, EVER) Nah, something was clicking inside my head about embracing this chapter, heading in full swing, happily.








We made great time getting to the beach and I was almost like a 8 year old (not a middle-aged woman) scrambling out of the 4Runner, gathering towels, chairs and sunscreen, and making a bee-line to the backdrop of my soul refreshing comfort.








A couple of years ago, we were in OBX for my birthday and a school of dolphins visited. I felt that was MY gift that year. It literally made my day. (Have I mentioned that I'm fascinated with dolphins--Flipper was 1 of my fave shows growing up--LOL) I wondered to myself if I'd get that gift this special year as well. The boys relayed that they hoped I'd get that precious gift. (aww--love them, this was before they got a little ungrateful... ugh) Well, guess what... THEY CAME! They frolicked. I know they wished me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! AMAZING! Ahhh, yep, my final birthday wish came true! God is good!








We had lunch at the Pier Restaurant, delish. A grumpy local got irritated with me. UGH! We checked into the hotel and ended up back out on the beach that evening. BLISS!








God is Love--Peace Out

1 comment:

  1. Now Angie. You can't just say a grumpy local got annoyed with you and not give us the whole story. Hehehe! I love that your dolphins came to wish you Happy Birthday! And I love the toes in the sand pic! :D

    ReplyDelete