Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Closeness...
















Ok, I can't wait to blog about my birthday and our vaca to OBX. Sweet Outer Banks, North Carolina! Ahhhh! In my world, there's NO PLACE like that delicious little slice of Heaven!










Speaking of Heaven... I HAD to share my very 1st sunrise over the ocean. In all my 40 years, I've never experienced that mesmerizing peacefulness.










I'm sooo not a morning person, however I was determined I was going to see the sunrise over my beautiful Outer Banks ocean, this trip. It's strange, it was like I was almost pulled by some outside force to do this. Was it determination? Was it that I am now 40 years old and feel kinda like I HAVE to do certain bucket-list-type things? Did my soul need nourishing that bad? (I have told you that the beach is good for my soul, right?) Hmmm... I think it was God. God knew what witnessing His beauty would do for me!










As Mr. Peyton and I sat on the hotel's weather beaten deck, I got ready. Coffee? Check! Cig? Check! Camera ready? Check! Then Ean comes out to join in. I was speaking to him, when I hear my husband say, "Here it comes"...










That's when it started. (I don't know if I can get through this without crying) Just the slightest pink. (I couldn't speak) More pink, maybe a little orange? (Now I was completely in awe, feeling a closeness to the Lord) The sun is half way up now. The bright sky is a kaleidoscope of pinks, oranges and yellows. The waves are almost a whisper. No one is saying a word. I'm snapping photos without even looking at the camera screen. Again, I can't take my eyes off of the sun. (I begin to thank God for all my blessings, silently) The beautiful scene is now complete, as a gull swoops by. The sun is up, shining it's brightness on the sea. On myself and my family. (Evan is here now) Mr. Peyton ended up with the camera. I don't know when he got it, I was too enthralled with tranquil beauty. My soul was busy. My heart was overflowing with God's grace.










I will forever remember my very 1st sunrise over the ocean. An everyday miracle, I suppose.










God is Love--Peace Out

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...sniffle. That was beautiful, Ang! I'm so glad you got to experience that! Life is good, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, Sandi, it is! Especially after the winter I had... ugh!

    Gonna send out your check today, baby! Miss you! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete