Monday, July 13, 2009

luck...

Today, sitting on my Dad's front porch I bit my tongue. While doing so, I had an epiphany. I am a very lucky gal!

I've never been the person to win a door prize. Never won at games and such--closest I'll ever come is 2nd. Dumb, freaky things happen to me constantly! I've always said that my life is like a daggone episode of Senfield! Seriously--it's uncanny how off the wall crap happens to me!

So, while we were talking about my Dad NOT winning the lottery ($1000.00 a week for life--and boy do I wish he would have won especially after what he's been thru) I almost said what I always say "With my luck, you can forget it"...

As soon as the thought came into my mind, I got a mini-slide show of the past few days as well. I saw the prayers answered that Evy was safe and ok at VA Beach and I saw (literally) my prayers answered that my Dad would be ok. I smiled, I'm sure a big ole cheesy smile when I realized this evening, for the 1st time in my life, just how dang LUCKY I am! My Lord has answered so very many of my prayers, a lot of which were desperate prayers (ie--the 2 above) and what does that make me? Blessed...Lucky--for sure!!!!!!!!!!

I will never, ever again say that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Never! I promise!

My father suffered a pretty bad stroke. I've been with him for days and I'm too tired to fill you in on all of it right now, but I will. For right now, I just wanna wallow in my luckiness!

God is Love--Peace Out

1 comment:

  1. That's the attitude, Ang! I'm so glad your dad is doing better!

    ReplyDelete