Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a letter to LCHS

Dear LCHS,


I am writing to you to inform you that my son, Ean Cole Peyton, is now one of your students. I know, another ordinary day for you. As Ean's mother, it is a bittersweet accomplishment. I trust that he'll be fine in your care for the next 4 years, however I'd like to make you abreast of a few things. Please humor me. Thank you.




Ean is my oldest son, my firstborn. He was an only child for almost 7 years. He is extremely smart and extremely sensitive. He's a perfectionist, and a pleaser. He's an old soul who expects great things out of himself and out of those he loves. Ean will be the first to speak highly of someone and the first one I suggest you call on if someone needs a friend. He always pulls for those less fortunate than himself. He has already invited someone eating lunch by herself to sit at "his table". He's the one that I suspect will be voted "BEST ALL AROUND" during his Senior year.




I tell you all of this, in hopes that you will look out for him. I trust that he'll pretty much do the right thing the next 4 years. I trust that he'll try his hardest. I'm certain, as well, that he'll make mistakes and stumble along his path to adulthood. With those stumbles, he'll beat himself up. I will always do my best to reassure him that it's ok to fall sometimes and I'll help him to dust himself off and try again. Ean is what I've always called "too good for his own good" and I feel that I have to look out for him, a little more than most. I guess I'm just asking that you do the same. I know that's highly unlikely, as you have so many students to look out for, and that's ok. I just thought I'd ask...




Respectfully yours,


Angie Peyton****




1 comment:

  1. Awwww.sniffle. Can you believe you just sent him off to HIGH SCHOOL? Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were there?

    ReplyDelete