Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gotta Lotta Catchin Up To Do...
















Wow, it's been tooooo long! So sorry! I have just been super busy and super stressed and let's face it... Super Lazy... ugh! Anyway, I'm gonna try to keep up better! I just love blogging! I love reading everyone's blogs! And it's very therapeutic for me, so I SHOULD do this more!
Ok, First blog today is gonna be about our fabulouso camping trip to The Wilderness Presidential Resort in Spotsy. Mom, the boys and myself packed up the Tundra and headed out for the big adventure! Boy, I really had no idea how much junk you gotta have to survive a few days in a camper trailer... I'm sure we didn't need all the crap we took, but you know--it's better to be safe than sorry...

We went to all the fun pools at the resort and had a lot of fun splashing around and playing in them! I really enjoyed the water jets and mushrooms in 1 pool in particular, as did the boys! It was really nice too, because I spent time in the pool with them. At our pool, I usually socialize with my friends and lay out while the boys swim, so it was quality time with them, which sometimes I don't think I get near enough of. But, do we ever????

The boys had fun riding their bikes. I felt very comfortable allowing them to cruise around the campground area that we were at while Mom and I hung out by the firepit and chatted. I'm pretty certain Evy put about 300 miles on his bike during that trip!

We played mini-golf and I tore it up! HOLLA! lol I even got a hole in one! We took the paddle boats out too. Ean and I paddled...ugh... You find out real quick how outta shape you are when you are peddling a boat around w/ 3 other people in it with you! We tried to beat the heat by going out early one morning to do it, but by 10:00am it felt like it was already 100 degrees! But it was still so much fun! We had a flock of ducks following us and a Momma and Pappa swan and their baby! I still say the guy that rented us the boat had the hots for Mom! lol

Our camper was pretty nice. VERY SMALL, but nice nonetheless! We ate grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches every nite and the boys played X-Box. We did watch a few movies and many episodes of A Family Affair! We had to take super quick showers--as the hot water heater only heated 6 gallons of water at a time!


We had the whole bottom to ourselves except for a sweet woman and her 2 nieces. Evy made friends with the girls and they hung out some. Cerissa and I had fun chatting it up at night and are now friends on Facebook!

I was so proud of Mom! She hung with us like a CHAMP! It's so great to have this close and fun relationship with her now.

Anyho--we are totally looking forward to camping again soon!

God is Love--Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment